As you know I'm a big foodie. I was just in NYC, and ate at quite a few great restaurants thanks to my friend Mel Barlow. One of them, Rayuela I already blogged about, but I thought I'd throw the rest of them down in a list. I'm going to start/keep blogging all my favorite restaurants A: so I can have a record of all my favorite places, and B: if you're in NYC or are going to NYC, then you can have some places to try out.
So here they are.. Obviously nothing will make it into the blog if I don't like it, but I'm listing these in the order of what I liked the most:
1. Rayuela- A hopscotch of food from different places. I blogged about this one here.
2. Macondo- A blend of tapas. Blogged about this one too here.
3. Brown- Organic gourmet. Blogged about it this one here.
4. No. 7- Contemporary American Food
5. Frankies 17- A lighter side of italian
6. Moto- Gourmet American, Great live music. Great rustic old brooklyn vibe.
7. Walters- Great late night gormet wings. Other food is great too.
8. Diner- Gourmet Diner food. Hip greasy diner vibe.
9. Relish- Awesome breakfast, and another hip diner vibe.
10. Roebling Tea Room- fun light food, breakfast was great, and rustic atmosphere.
11. Smac- Awesome assortment of Mac 'n Cheeses. I had the Buffalo Chicken mac. Sooo good!
12. Fette Sau- BBQ meet, their own beer on tap that you can buy growlers of. Rustic butchershop vibe.
13. Alta- Amazing tapas in a small low key area close to Union Square. A new fave.