My friend and author of The Uncertainty Book(Turning your fear into fuel), Jonathan Fields started his new project called The Good Life Project where he interviews some pretty cool people with awesome stories and good lives to inspire others. I was honored to have been interviewed by him a few weeks ago, and it was a good one. He asked some great questions that I haven’t been asked before. New things for me to have thought about. The interview is a great casual conversation about the mindset behind being able to make a living as an artist amongst other things.
Here are a few topics we talk about a little more indepth:
- A willingness to be bold and not wait for permission opened doors
- The decision to dive into photography full-time happened as an organic extension of my design work
- A devotion to learning and honing my craft took his work and career to a new level
- Art and money can go together to create work that is well-compensated but is also true art
- Becoming a professional photographer opened doors to travel and profoundly changed my world-view
- Tapping my gift and my work to give back is an important part of my life
Check out other awesome interviews on the Good Life Project here.